Project Indigo Information and Resources
Fiscal Impact Analysis
Bald Head Limited and East West Partners (“Developers”) propose a mixed-use planned unit development for approximately 347 acres in Southport, North Carolina. The Indigo Planned Unit Development (“Indigo PUD” or “Project”) development program consists of 1,542 residential units, 70,000 square feet of commercial land uses, and a 10,000 square foot amenity center. The Developers plan to apply for annexation into the City. In comparison, the development of the parcels in the Extraterritorial Jurisdiction under the existing R-20 Zoning would generate approximately 550 single-family residential units. The homes would receive fire and EMS services from the Southport Fire District. However, the homes would not generate property tax or other revenue for the City and would not receive any other City services. A comparison of the net fiscal impact of Scenario 1 and Scenario 2 is summarized below.
SCENARIO 1: INDIGO PUD FISCAL IMPACT
- Generate a total real property tax base of $584.6 million
- Increase the City of Southport commercial property tax base by $18.3 million
- Generate annual City of Southport real property tax revenue of $2.3 million
- Generate annual Southport Fire District Fee revenue of $468,000
- Generate total annual City of Southport general fund revenues of $3.2 million
- Generate annual City of Southport general fund net fiscal benefit of $1.4 million
- The annual net fiscal benefit will help offset City’s existing fixed capital and operating expenditures
SCENARIO 2: ETJ R-20 ZONING FISCAL IMPACT
- Generate annual Southport Fire District Fee revenue of $219,000
- Require an annual subsidy from the City of Southport general fund of $240,000 for Fire and EMS services
7.18.22 PowerPoint Presentation
BEMC Indigo Phase 2 Options
Southport Mixed-Use Development Traffic Impact Analysis
Executive Summary: Southport Mixed-Use Development Traffic Impact Analysis
Zoning Map Amendment
Planned Unit Development Permit
4/4/22 PowerPoint Presentation
Indigo Lot Diagrams and Overlay
Indigo Stephens Park Environmental Reports
Do you have questions for the Planning Board during their review of the Indigo Project? If so, you’re in the right place. The Planning Board is looking for input and questions from members of the community on the Proposed Indigo Planned Unit Development Master Plan.
The Planning Board will be appointing four subcommittees to review different specialized areas of interest and concern. The four subcommittees will be Design and Character, Infrastructure, Environmental Concerns, and Traffic Impacts. Fill out the following form to share your questions on these topics directly with the Planning Board committee members.
Please note that this is to help the Planning Board committees to collect input from the community. Not all questions that are submitted will receive a direct response.