Accessibility Statement for City of Southport
This is an accessibility statement from City of Southport.
Measures to support accessibility
City of Southport takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of City of Southport:
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Assign clear accessibility goals and responsibilities.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. City of Southport is partially conformantwith WCAG 2.0 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of City of Southport. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on City of Southport:
- Phone: (910) 457-7927 ext. 1040
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Visitor Address: 1029 N. Howe Street, Southport, NC 28461
- Postal Address: 1029 N. Howe Street, Southport, NC 28461
We try to respond to feedback within 2 business days.
Accessibility of City of Southport relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of City of Southport , there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for City of Southport:
- Some images do not yet have alt text: As we discover images without alt text, we are sure to add the alt text and upload any new images with alt text. Please submit a submission to the Contact Form at the bottom of the page with the image description and location on the webpage so that we may update it.
City of Southport assessed the accessibility of City of Southport by the following approaches:
This statement was created on 24 October 2023 using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool.
Recite Me Web Accessibility and Language Toolbar
Recite Me is innovative cloud-based software that lets visitors view and use our website in a way that works best for them.
We’ve added the Recite Me web accessibility and language toolbar to our website to make it accessible and inclusive for as many people as possible.
It helps one in four people in the US who have a disability, including those with common conditions like sight loss and dyslexia, access our website in the way that suits them best.
It also meets the needs of one in five people in the US who speak a language other than English at home, by translating our web content into over 100 different languages.
How do I access the Recite Me toolbar?
You can open the Recite Me language and accessibility toolbar by clicking on the Accessibility Tools button in the top right corner of the page.
This button now appears in the top right corner on every page of our website.
After you click on Accessibility Tools, the Recite Me toolbar opens and displays a range of different options for customizing the way the website looks and ways you can interact with the content.
How does Recite Me help me access this website?
Recite Me helps people access our website and customize the content in a way that works best for them.
The Recite Me toolbar has a unique range of functions. You can use it to:
- Read website text aloud (including PDFs)
- Download the text as an MP3 file to play it where and when it suits you
- Change font sizes and colors
- Customize background-color
- Translate text into more than 100 different languages
- Access a fully integrated dictionary and thesaurus
You can find out more about how Recite Me works from the Recite Me user guide.
Where can I find support for Recite Me?
If you have any questions about Recite Me you can contact us by email at [email protected] or call us at +1 571 946 4068.