+ Who can participate?
1. Brick & mortar retail merchants and restaurants within Southport city limits who are committed to consistently following CDC/NCDHHS safety protocol guidelines to provide a safe shopping/dining experience for their staff and customers.
2. DSI Market Vendors who have an active DSI membership (dues are up to date). Vendors need to contact Karen R. Rife, [email protected], or 910-279-4616 for information on participating in the virtual program.
+ What’s in it for me??
Here’s what you’ll receive, just for ensuring the health and safety of your staff and customers – A $3, 000.00 Value!!
- Online video listing to be hosted on the City of Southport website
- We will film a 2-minute interview with the business owner(s)
- We will photograph 1 shot of your storefront, 3 interior shots, 3 “product category” shots, and one shot of the business owner/staff.
- 2 Program Promotion press releases
- Social media promotional posts
- Promotional post on City of Southport website
- Promotion on DSI website and social media (DSI members only)
- Branded “Southport Safe” program signage to place in your storefront window.
+ What is the Southport Safe Pledge?
The guidelines for the pledge are based on official health safety protocol guidance from the CDC and the NC Department of Health and Human Services.
It is your official commitment to follow these guidelines in your business – and your ticket to $3,000 worth of marketing and advertising!
+ What if I don’t want to sign the Southport Safe Pledge form?
You will not be eligible to participate in the Virtual Merchant Showcase/Vendor Marketplace program.
+ How do I signup?
Sign up by Friday, August 14th on the Merchant sign up form on the Merchant Informational Portal. This program is limited to the first 50 brick and mortar retail merchants and restaurants to enroll.
Market vendors – please contact Karen R. Rife, [email protected], 910-279-4616
at DSI for information on participating in the virtual program.
Once you fill out the Merchant Signup form and sign the Southport Safe Pledge, complete the Merchant/Vendor Questionnaire. We’ll use this info to build your online listing.
+ What happens after I sign up?
You will receive a confirmation email. Market Vendors will be contacted by DSI to schedule your filming.
We’ll reach out to you to find the best time to schedule your video shoot. We will be filming from August 3rd through the 21st between the hours of 8 am and 3 pm.
You’ll also receive a short list of questions to help you prepare for your 2-minute video.
+ And then what?
The Virtual Merchant Showcase/Vendor Market will remain in place on the City of Southport website through the holiday season.
- Educate your staff on the importance of participating in the program and how they can help.
- Continue to provide a Southport Safe experience for your customers by consistently adhering to the Merchant Health Safety Commitment form that you signed at the beginning of the program.
- Enjoy the additional business and positive exposure through the holiday season!
+ What happens when guidelines change as we move into different phases of restrictions in NC?
We will continue to update the required guidelines to reflect the governor’s and/or mayor’s current declaration as the situation evolves and will send communication to all participating businesses.
+ What if my business stops adhering to the CDC/NDHHS guidelines required by the program?
You will no longer be eligible to participate in the Southport Safe Merchant program until all guidelines are reinstated.