The City of Southport requests a Statement of Qualifications (SOQ) from qualified engineering firms for the professional services associated with the planning, design, preparing bid packages, bid evaluation, contractor selection, and construction of repairs and improvements of wastewater pump stations.
The City is seeking engineering consultants with experience in the following disciplines: civil engineering, process design, formal bidding processes, including writing and evaluating proposals, contractor selection, and project management. The City has several pump stations needing rehabilitation, but this project will focus on the worst five pump stations. The City has a preliminary assessment of the pump stations, but further evaluation may be necessary. A pre-bid meeting is encouraged but not mandatory.
Firms interested in being considered for this work should submit their qualifications to:
1029 N. Howe Street
Southport, NC 28461
RE: RFQ Engineering Services-Pump Stations
For consideration, 3 copies of the response to this request must be received by 2:00 p.m., Wednesday, March 23, 2022.
SOQ Organization: To facilitate the City’s objective review of the SOQs from different Consultants, the Consultants are requested to organize the main document using a standardized format. Each SOQ should include the following:
- A cover letter signed by a Principal or other member of the firm authorized to commit the firm to contract professional services.
- Table of Contents with page numbers.
- Information regarding the following topics:
- Executive Summary-explain the highlights of the SOQ and the strengths and special expertise of the firm and the associated team to successfully accomplish the objectives.
- Statement of Qualifications-Identify and describe the qualifications of the firm and professional services that may be provided by the consultants in response to this request. Also include information on any possible sub-consultants.
- Project Team and Project Management-Identify the project team’s key personnel (including any sub-consultants). Please include an organizational chart and brief resumes of the project team members.
Also, please describe how projects will successfully be managed. It is expected that the team members proposed in the SOQ will be the ones that will actually be working on the City’s projects. Also, describe your quality assurance/quality control methods.
- Schedule-The sewer pump stations are located in various areas of Southport. Construction dates are negotiable, but consideration should be made due to the seasonal increase in tourism and traffic. Provide a proposed schedule to meet this construction timeline based on an engineering contract awarded in April 2022. The proposed schedule should include design, permitting, advertising the RFP, recommendation of award and notice to proceed, and construction.
- References-Please provide the name, telephone number, email, and physical address of at least three references in organizations in North Carolina for whom your firm provided similar professional services and whom the City of Southport may contact regarding your firm’s performance on their projects.
Selection of the consultants will be made based on the qualifications of the firm and the ability to meet the project schedule when presented.
Qualification Statements will be evaluated by a selection committee on the following basis for the project under construction:
- Firm experience and Capability-firms will be evaluated with respect to their experience with projects similar in size and scope.
- Qualifications of Design Team-firms will be evaluated on the qualifications and experience of the firm’s proposed project team.
- Project Approach-firms will be evaluated on the overall understanding of the project and their technical approach to meeting the project objectives and project schedule.If the consultant wishes to submit additional information to strengthen the SOQ, such information may be submitted separately in Appendices. SOQs must be limited to no more than 20 numbered pages, excluding the cover page, cover letter, table of contents, resumes, and section dividers.The City of Southport reserves the right to select the firm that best meets its needs and negotiate a final Scope of Work that reflects the work to be done within the time constraints established in the above schedule. Based upon the number of proposals received, the City may subsequently request oral presentation as a part of the selection process. All firms submitting a proposal will receive notification once the contract has been awarded.