The City of Southport requests a Statement of Qualifications (SOQ) for the following: RESURFACING OF A CENTRAL STREET IN DOWNTOWN SOUTHPORT
The City of Southport requests a Statement of Qualifications (SOQ) from qualified engineering firms for the professional services associated with the planning, design, and construction for the resurfacing of a central street in downtown Southport. The project includes resurfacing approximately (1300) linear feet of Bay Street and approximately (50) feet of S. Atlantic.
The City is seeking consultants with experience in the following disciplines: street improvements, waterfront stabilization, stormwater improvements, and following the formal bid process. The consulting firm should have the ability to provide in-house or subcontract survey services, traffic engineering, landscape design, or hydraulic modeling if needed.
Firms interested in being considered for this work should submit their qualifications to:
1029 N. Howe Street
Southport, NC 28461
RE: SOQ Engineering Services-Bay Street
For consideration, 3 copies of the response to this request must be received by 2:00 p.m., Wednesday, March 9, 2022.
SOQ Organization: To facilitate the City’s objective review of the SOQs from different Consultants, the Consultants are requested to organize the main document using a standardized format. Each SOQ should include the following:
- A cover letter signed by a Principal or other member of the firm authorized to commit the firm to contract professional services.
- Table of Contents with page numbers.
- Information regarding the following topics:
- Executive Summary-explain the highlights of the SOQ and the strengths and special expertise of the firm and the associated team to successfully accomplish the objectives.
- Statement of Qualifications-Identify and describe the qualifications of the firm and professional services that may be provided by the consultants in response to this request. Also include information on any possible sub-consultants.
- Project Team and Project Management-Identify the project team’s key personnel (including any sub-consultants). Please include an organizational chart and brief resumes of the project team members. Also, please describe how projects will successfully be managed. It is expected that the team members proposed in the SOQ will be the ones that will actually be working on the City’s projects. Also, describe your quality assurance/quality control methods.
- Schedule – Please note that this project is in the downtown/central area of the City of Southport along the waterfront. Due to the seasonal increase in tourism and traffic, the construction start date is negotiable. Provide a proposed schedule through the construction timeline based on an engineering contract awarded Spring, 2022. The proposed schedule should include design, permitting, advertising, bidding the project, recommendation of award and notice to proceed, and construction.
- References-Please provide the name, telephone number, email, and physical address of at least three references in organizations in North Carolina for whom your firm provided similar professional services and whom the City of Southport may contact regarding your firm’s performance on their projects.
Selection of the consultants will be made based on the firm’s qualifications and ability to meet the project schedule when presented.
Qualification Statements will be evaluated by a selection committee on the following basis for the project under construction:
- Firm experience and Capability-firms will be evaluated with respect to their experience with projects similar in size and scope.
- Qualifications of Design Team-firms will be evaluated on the qualifications and experience of the firm’s proposed project team.
- Project Approach-firms will be evaluated on the project’s overall understanding and technical approach to meeting the project objectives and schedule.
If the consultant wishes to submit additional information to strengthen the SOQ, such information may be submitted separately in Appendices. SOQ’s must be limited to no more than 20 numbered pages, excluding the cover page, cover letter, table of contents, resumes, and section dividers.
The City of Southport reserves the right to select the firm that best meets its needs and negotiate a final Scope of Work that reflects the work to be done within the time constraints established in the above schedule. Based on the number of proposals received, the City may subsequently request oral presentation as a part of the selection process. All firms submitting a proposal will receive notification once the contract has been awarded.