Southport Soliciting Qualifications Submittals from Engineering & Design Consultants
The City of Southport is soliciting qualifications submittals from interested consultants to provide professional engineering and design services for the City of Southport.
Engineering services needed include, but are not limited to, providing design, writing bid specification documents and submittal review, cost estimation, construction inspections and certifications, general engineering, public stormwater, public streets, and all aspects of the City water and wastewater system.
The City is seeking firms with varied experiences including Civil, Structural, Environmental, Hydraulic, and Geotechnical engineering.
The City has several upcoming projects including street resurfacing, traffic and pedestrian improvements, waterfront stabilization, water, and wastewater improvements, and stormwater management. The selected firm will be responsible for several specific projects but would also be available on an as-needed basis, as the “City Engineer.” The term of the contract/agreement will be discussed further once a consulting firm has been selected.
Firms interested in being considered for this work should submit their qualifications to:
1029 N. Howe Street
Southport, NC 28461
RE: RFQ Engineering Services
For consideration, 3 copies of the response to this request must be received by 3:00 p.m., Friday, March 25, 2022.
SOQ Organization: To facilitate the City’s objective review of the SOQs from different Consultants, the Consultants are requested to organize the main document using a standardized format. Each SOQ should include the following:
1. A cover letter signed by a Principal or other member of the firm authorized to commit the firm to contract professional services.
2. Table of Contents with page numbers.
3. Information regarding the following topics:
• Executive Summary-explain the highlights of the SOQ and the strengths and special expertise of the firm and the associated team to successfully accomplish the objectives.
• Statement of Qualifications-Identify and describe the qualifications of the firm and professional services that may be provided by the consultants in response to this request. Also include information on any possible sub-consultants.
• Project Team and Project Management-Identify the project team’s key personnel (including any sub-consultants). Please include an organizational chart and brief resumes of the project team members. Also, please describe how projects will successfully be managed. It is expected that the team members proposed in the SOQ will be the ones that will actually be working on the City’s projects. Also, describe your quality assurance/quality control methods.
Schedule: the proposal phase schedule is as follows:
TASK DATE AND TIME
Release RFQ March 9, 2022
Non-Mandatory Pre-Bid Mtgs Available Thru March 23, 2022
Proposals Due March 25, 2022
Review Period through March 29, 2022
Consultant Start Date Negotiable, Preferably as soon as possible.
References- Please provide the name, telephone number, email, and physical address of at least three references in organizations in North Carolina for whom your firm provided similar professional services and whom the City of Southport may contact regarding your firm’s performance on their projects.
Selection of the consultants will be made based on the firm’s qualifications and ability to meet the project schedule when presented.
Qualification statements will be evaluated by a selection committee on the following basis for the project under construction:
• Firm experience and Capability-firms will be evaluated with respect to their experience with projects similar in size and scope.
• Qualifications of Design Team-firms will be evaluated on the qualifications and experience of the firm’s proposed project team.
• Project Approach-firms will be evaluated on the project’s overall understanding and technical approach to meeting the various project objectives and schedule.
If the consultant wishes to submit additional information to strengthen the SOQ, such information may be submitted separately in Appendices.
SOQ’s must be limited to no more than 30 numbered pages, excluding the cover page, cover letter, table of contents, resumes, and section dividers.
The City of Southport reserves the right to select the firm that best meets its needs and negotiate a final Scope of Work that reflects the work to be done within the time constraints established in the above schedule.
Based on the number of proposals received, the City may subsequently request oral presentation as a part of the selection process. Once staff has reviewed all proposals, the selected engineering firm is subject to the final approval from the Board of Aldermen.
All firms submitting a proposal will receive notification once the contract has been awarded.