The City of Southport is seeking applicants for an appointment on the Zoning Board of Adjustments. Applications will be accepted until March 22, 2023.
The City of Southport is seeking applicant for appointment on the Zoning Board of Adjustments.
The appointments are for a three-year term and will be approved by the Board of Aldermen.
The following positions are available:
- One ETJ alternate position
- Three In-City full members
The Board of Adjustment serves as a “quasi-judicial” body that has the following duties:
- Hears appeals of decisions rendered by zoning administrators
- Interprets unclear provisions in the Unified Development Ordinance
- Decides on applications by landowners to for uses/structures which vary from the Unified
The Board of Adjustment meets on the fourth Tuesday each month at 4:30 p.m.
Please find the application on the City’s website under the Board of Aldermen Zoning Board of Adjustments page. You can submit the application to the Assistant City Manager/City Clerk Dorothy Dutton at [email protected]
Applications will be accepted through March 22, 2023 (Wednesday) and can be found here.
If you have any questions about this Board, the duties, or time commitment, please contact the City Clerk, Dorothy Dutton, at (910) 457-7900 ext. 1010.