- September 18, 2023, NCDOT PROJECT: See below for an updated blueprint of the Highway 211 and Robert Ruark Drive expansion project.
- July 25, 2023: In accordance with due diligence and best practices, BEMC as Contractors to the City’s Electric System will have Survey Crews out on the West Side of City outlining property lines, easements, and rights of way to begin preparation for the West Side Overhead Electric to Underground Conversion Project. The outlining may include survey flags.
- All Electric Utilities from West Bay Street to West Saint George Street and from Howe Street to Burrington Avenue will be placed underground.
- We anticipate this project to begin within the next 4-8 weeks.
- September 5, 2022: Cape Fear and River Drive residents will notice survey crews over the next couple of weeks. This is in conjunction with the Cape Fear/River Dr. undergrounding electric project. This is the beginning phase of bringing the city’s electric system up to date by progressively converting aging aerial power lines to underground. This portion of the project is expected to take nine months.