New Services and Billing: 910-457-7900
Recycle/Yard Debris, Residential, inside city limits – $10.33 per month
(not available for outside city limits, vacant lots or commercial property)
- Completely extinguish charcoal grilling coals. If hot ashes are dumped into the trash truck, a fire will start. Over the last several years we have had several on board trash fires and actually lost a truck in 2012.
- Please bag trash. When drivers dump the carts into the truck, the ash dust, etc. can fly into their face and eyes. This creates a safety hazard for the crew. They do wear safety glasses but they still get covered.
Household Garbage: Every Tuesday
GFL Environmental will only pick up household garbage if it is in the proper container (95-gallon roll out cart). Please do not mix household garbage with recycles and/or yard waste; do not mix one waste with any other waste. Please have container to curb by 6 a.m.
For new residents and/or replacement carts, contact Brunswick County Solid Waste at 910-253-2520. For cart repair, contact GFL at 910-253-4177.
Note: Cart roll out for handicapped persons will be provided upon request and completion of required paperwork.
Yard Debris: Every Wednesday
Construction Waste Removal DBA Brush Bandit will only pick up the following yard waste per residence (Any reasonable combination is acceptable):
- 1 approved resident owned and maintained 96-gallon roll out cart OR
- Up to 15 biodegradable paper bags (no plastic bags of any type accepted) OR
- Up to 4 securely tied bundles (max 4’ long & 24” circumference).
Note: Yard debris carts are not provided by the city. However, 96-gallon roll out carts can be purchased from the third party vendor of your choice or directly from Brush Bandit. They can be reached at (910)755-6419.
Yard Waste will not be serviced if:
- Trash or recycle carts are used.
- Trash or recycle is mixed in with yard waste in approved yard waste cart.
- No vacant lots will be serviced.
No recycle or yard debris pickup for commercial accounts.