ESTABLISHING OR TRANSFERRING UTILITY SERVICE
Establishing New Service
Click for LIST OF STEPS required for Utility Service
To establish service at a residence that already has a service connection
(leasing a residence or purchasing a residence)
✓ Complete a utility application
✓ Enclose a $35 application fee
✓ Provide a copy of your driver’s license
✓ Provide the lease agreement, deed, or closing disclosure of the property
✓ *Optional: Provide a completed bank draft form and a voided check ($35 application fee will be waived)
➢ We will then pull credit which will determine if a deposit is required
*Will be required to pay a deposit in place of having credit pulled. (See commercial deposits)
Moving from Residence
When selling or moving from a property:
1. Please complete a “Change of Service Form”
2. Drop off, mail, fax, or email form.
Mailing & Physical Address:
1029 N Howe St
Southport, NC 28461
Phone: 910-457-7900 Option 1
Email: [email protected]
Termination of Service
Requesting Discontinuation of Service: Any customer requesting discontinuation of service shall do so in person at the Finance Office.
- The service location, date service is to be disconnected, and a forwarding mailing address for the final bill are required.
- If the customer is not able to appear in person, we can disconnect the account via fax request (910) 457-7905 or upon verification of the account.
- Disconnection of services will be performed the same day if the request is received by 1 p.m. A request received after 1 p.m. will be fulfilled the next working day.
Final Utility Bill
- A customer’s final bill will be processed and mailed along with the regular billing cycle.
- All funds, including deposits, load management, and overcharge credits will be used against amounts owed to the City on the closed account.
- The remaining funds will then be used against any amounts owed on any other accounts the customer may have with the City of Southport.
- Any credit balances left after going towards the amount owed, would be sent in the form of a check to the forwarding address.