Employment Opportunity: Part-Time Community Building Facilitator
The Southport Community Building is looking for a Facilitator to help us maintain a secure and well-functioning building for events and weddings. Your job will be to be attentive to the needs of the building during the event, as well as check the grounds and systems (e.g., thermostats) on a regular basis and identify needs. You will also speak with vendors and renters to answer questions as they arise.
To be successful in this role, you should be well-organized and able to individually problem-solve. You should also have a working knowledge of our rules.
Ultimately, you’ll help our renters and guests get the most out of our facilities.
- Schedule walk-throughs and effectively market the Community Building as an event space to potential renters.
- Be present at events from the first person to enter the building to the last to leave
- Greet renter/vendor(s) as they arrive
- Answer any questions renters or their guests may have
- Have a working understanding of the building’s rules and conditions
- Monitor the activities before, during, and after an event
- Conduct regular and random patrols around the building and perimeter
- Address potential problems that may arise
- Remove people who violate the rules of the building
- Monitor the safety and cleanliness of interior and exterior areas
- Plan for potential scenarios that could impact the building
- Fill out reports as needed for supervisors and other relevant staff
Requires a valid NC driver’s license.
Weekend availability required.
If you are interested in applying for a job with the City of Southport, please submit your completed application to our Human Resources department. Resumes may be submitted in addition to, but not in lieu of, a completed application.
Human Resources, City of Southport
1029 N. Howe Street
Southport, NC 28461