Employment Opportunity: Community Building Custodian | Deadline for application: October 8, 2021
The Southport Community Building is looking for a Custodian to provide janitorial and cleaning services and help us maintain a clean and well-functioning building for events and weddings. Your job will be to be attentive to the needs of the building before the event, as well as break down and set up tables and chairs before the next event.
To be successful in this role, you should be well-organized and able to individually problem-solve. You should also have a working knowledge of cleaning/janitorial services.
- Follow a checklist of cleaning tasks before and after each event
- Identify needs of the building outside of the checklist and provide solutions for those needs
- Set up and break down of tables and chairs
- Keep a running list of materials needed for the continued upkeep of the building
- Plan for potential scenarios that could impact the building
- Previous cleaning/janitorial experience
- A valid NC driver’s license
If you are interested in applying for a job with the City of Southport, please submit your completed application to our Human Resources department. Resumes may be submitted in addition to, but not in lieu of, a completed application.
Human Resources, City of Southport
1029 N. Howe Street
Southport, NC 28461