Employment Opportunity: Part-Time Community Building Administrator
Deadline for application: Closes on March 3, 2023
An employee in this class is responsible for varied administrative, technology, marketing, and organizational functions in support of the daily operations of the Southport Community Building. This position is part-time, with a 20-hour a week commitment.
Work includes overseeing the Southport Community Building; participation in marketing planning, design, and execution of a variety of communications for events. Work requires strong effective interpersonal communication skills, sound judgment and initiative, creativity, and problem-solving skills for this position.
Knowledge of the Community Relations department’s activities and functions is required. Advanced office technology knowledge and skill are also required. This position is performed under the regular supervision of the Director of Community Relations and is evaluated through observation, conferences, feedback, and the quality and effectiveness of work.
Example of Community Building Duties:
- Scheduling of the calendar for the Community Building.
- Community Building phone and email coverage.
- The creation and execution of facility contracts and payments.
- The creation and reporting of financial statements regarding the building.
- Marketing/Promotion of Community Building and Events including ads.
- Manages multiple social media platforms to maximize the potential of each social channel, including Facebook, Instagram, Google Business, and others as the city grows and need arises.
- Design and develop marketing strategies to increase visitor traffic using the building.
- Procedural documentation creation and maintenance for the facility.
- Maintain a list of providers for various event needs. (catering, rentals, etc.)
- Inventory control for facility needs.
- Responsible for reporting building maintenance needs.
Example of Communication Duties:
- Ability to utilize software to produce a high-quality video stream of various City organized meetings and events.
- Provide support for audio-visual equipment such as cameras, microphones, switchers, etc.
- Assist with the planning and performance video post-production tasks including reviewing footage, editing, and making editorial decisions, audio adjustments, etc. before uploading.
- Assisting with the creation of video packages to be uploaded and dispersed to the public.
- Understand cabling and wiring to integrate technologies into AV systems.
- Performs any related tasks as required.
Interested candidates must submit by email a City of Southport application, cover letter, and resume along with at least three job-related references (with email and phone numbers) no later than March 3, 2023, to [email protected]
The Application is available on the Employment page of the city website here.
The City of Southport is an Equal Opportunity Employer.