Employment Opportunity: Animal Protective Services On-Call Responder
Location: Southport, NC
Job Type: On-call, Part-time
Department: City of Southport Animal Protective Services
This position will assist the Animal Protective Services Officer during weekend hours. The on-call position will respond to emergency animal situations where animals pose a threat to public safety, or where animals themselves are threatened. This position serves as an advocate of the Animal Protective Services Department to assist both residents and animals within the community.
One weekend per month (3 shifts)
- Friday evening 5:00 pm – Saturday morning 08:00 am
- Saturday morning 08:00 am – Sunday morning 08:00 am
- Sunday morning 08:00 am – Sunday evening 12:00 am
- Be available for short notice response to the City of Southport for animal-related calls for service during on-call hours.
- Experience in fear-free animal handling of various species, breeds, and types.
- Skill and confidence in the use of animal capture and restraint devices.
- Ability to perform tasks in stressful or tense situations.
- Ability to work independently to solve problems and make sound judgment decisions to assist animals in need.
- Requires the possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid North Carolina driver’s license.
Applications may be emailed to Animal Protective Services Director, Kate Marshal: [email protected]