City of Southport Request for Qualifications: Engineering Services for Shoreline Stabilization
May 16, 2022
The City of Southport is soliciting qualifications submittals from interested consultants to provide professional engineering and design services for the continuation of the City of Southport shoreline/waterfront stabilization project. Engineering services needed include, but are not limited to, providing survey data collection, preferred plan confirmation, design refinement for sea level rise and potential port deepening effects, schematic-level engineering and design update, cost analysis update, permitting support and public coordination assistance.
Firms interested in being considered for this work should submit their qualifications to:
1029 N. Howe Street
Southport, NC 28461
RE: RFQ Engineering Services
For consideration, 3 copies of the response to this request must be received by 3:00 p.m., Tuesday, May 31st, 2022.
SOQ Organization: To facilitate the City’s objective review of the SOQs from different Consultants, the Consultants are requested to organize the main document using a standardized format. Each SOQ should include the following:
- A cover letter signed by a Principal or other member of the firm authorized to commit the firm to contract professional services.
- Table of Contents with page numbers.
- Information regarding the following topics:
• Executive Summary-explain the highlights of the SOQ and the strengths and special expertise of the firm and the associated team to successfully accomplish the objectives.
• Statement of Qualifications-Identify and describe the qualifications of the firm and professional services that may be provided by the consultants in response to this request. Also include information on any possible sub-consultants.
• Project Team and Project Management-Identify the project team’s key personnel (including any sub-consultants). Please include an organizational chart and brief resumes of the project team members. Also, please describe how projects will successfully be managed. It is expected that the team members proposed in the SOQ will be the ones that will actually be working on the City’s projects. Also, describe your quality assurance/quality control methods.
•Schedule-the proposal phase schedule is as follows:
Release RFQ – May 16, 2022
Non-Mandatory Pre-Bid Mtgs Available
Proposals Due – Tuesday, May 31, 2022 at 3:00 p.m.
Review Period – Through Monday, June 6, 2022
Consultant Start Date Negotiable.
• References-Please provide the name, telephone number, email, and physical address of at least three references in organizations in North Carolina for whom your firm provided similar professional services and whom the City of Southport may contact regarding your firm’s performance on their projects.
The consultants will be selected based on the firm’s qualifications and ability to meet the project schedule when presented.
A selection committee will evaluate qualification statements on the following basis for the project under construction:
- Firm experience and Capability-firms will be evaluated with respect to their experience with projects similar in size and scope.
- Qualifications of Design Team-firms will be evaluated on the qualifications and experience of the firm’s proposed project team.
- Project Approach-firms will be evaluated on the project’s overall understanding and technical approach to meeting the various project objectives and schedules.
If the consultant wishes to submit additional information to strengthen the SOQ, such information may be submitted separately in Appendices. SOQs must be limited to no more than 30 numbered pages, excluding the cover page, cover letter, table of contents, resumes, and section dividers.
The City of Southport reserves the right to select the firm that best meets its needs and negotiate a final Scope of Work that reflects the work to be done within the time constraints established in the above schedule. Based on the number of proposals received, the City may subsequently request oral presentation as a part of the selection process. Once staff has reviewed all proposals, the selected engineering firm is subject to the final approval from the Board of Aldermen. All firms submitting a proposal will receive notification once the contract has been awarded.