The City of Southport Parks & Rec Department hosts Captain Charlie’s Children’s Fishing Tournament on Saturday, October 2nd on the Southport Pier!
Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. The tournament will take place from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm. This free event is open to children 16 years of age and younger.
There are four age groups 5 & under, 6-9, 10-12, 13-16.
- Participants must be 16 years old or under. Parents/Guardians are allowed on the pier, but the contestant must reel the fish in unassisted.
- There can only be one rod per child.
- Bait will be supplied by the participant.
- Any Fish on your line at 12pm will be counted.
- Fish can be caught by hook and line ONLY. (No Snagging)
- NO SHARKS, SKATES, RAYS OR EELS WILL BE COUNTED.
- In case of a tie for the Heaviest Fish, Longest, the longest of the two fish will win.
- An Entrant can only win in One (1) Category.
- All decisions made by Tournament Officials are Final.
PRIZE CATEGORIES: Spots, croakers, pin, pig, toad, flounder and drum. Categories may change according to the fish being caught during the tournament.
- Prizes will be given for the largest fish in each category.
- Two Grand Prizes will be awarded for the Largest Fish Overall and the Most Fish Caught Overall.