City of Southport Request for Proposals: Qualified Landscaping and Lawn Care Companies
May 18, 2022
The City of Southport is seeking proposals from qualified landscaping and lawn care companies for the professional services associated with maintaining the lawns at (3) cemeteries within the City limit. The mandatory pre-bid meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, June 8, 2022, at 11:00 a.m. Attendees will meet at City Hall (1029 N. Howe St) at 11:00 a.m. and then drive to the cemeteries for inspection.
Firms interested in being considered for this work should submit their qualifications to:
1029 N. Howe Street
Southport, NC 28461
RE: RFP Cemetery Maintenance
For consideration, 3 copies of the response to this request must be received by 3:00 p.m., Friday, June 24th, 2022.
RFP Organization: To facilitate the City’s objective review of the RFPs from different Contractors, the City asks that each submittal include the following:
- A cover letter signed by a Principal or other member of the company authorized to commit the contractor to professional services.
- A detailed estimate including each type of service and materials to be used, based on the specifications provided at the pre-bid meeting.
- Schedule – The City requests that the company that is selected be able to maintain the (3) cemeteries on a bi-weekly basis, but also allow some flexibility based on cemetery use and weather.
- Provide a proposed timeline based on your availability.
- References – Please provide the name, telephone number, email, and physical address of at least two references in the region for whom your company provided similar lawn maintenance services and whom the City of Southport may contact regarding your company’s performance on their projects
Selection of the contractor will be made based on the company’s qualifications and ability to meet the proposed schedule.
Qualification Statements will be evaluated by a selection committee on the following basis for the project under construction:
- Experience and Capability-companies will be evaluated with respect to their experience with projects similar in size and scope.
- Estimated cost of construction services.
The City of Southport reserves the right to select the company that best meets its needs and negotiate a final Scope of Work that reflects the work to be done within the time constraints established in the above schedule.
SCOPE OF WORK SUMMARY There are three municipal/community cemeteries within the City limits. Each cemetery has a recommended maintenance plan, as listed below and shown on the following appendices.
Northwood Cemetery – Fodale Avenue – Appendix A (click here)
Located between Mitchell Street and Longleaf Drive
7.65 acres, (10) roads
Old Smithville Cemetery – 423 E. Moore Street – Appendix B (click here)
John Smith Cemetery – 225 E. Leonard Street – Appendix C (click here)
*Further details may be provided at the Pre-bid meeting.*